Believe with us. Join the resistance.
We resist because we believe. We believe, therefore, we resist.
My joy are my three great kids, Harriet, Winston, and little Joe – ages 5, 3, and 1. They are my joy – they are also a handful. Everyday my work to change the world starts earlier than I would like when they get me out of bed, and then when I get them ready to leave the house. They are why on a day like today, I cannot and will not fall into despair, no matter who is President.
Today at 11:00 Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States. He is a man who fanned the flames of racism, xenophobia and misogyny to win the White House and hasn’t stopped since. He has bragged about sexually assaulting women and mocked the disabled. He mocks science and denies climate change. He not only plans to end health care as we now know it, he plans to take it away from tens of millions of people. His closest White House adviser is a white supremacist. Trump’s agenda is to minimize, divide, and destroy our communities and democracy, to clear the way for more money for himself and elites like him.
At TakeAction Minnesota, our mission is to unite people and organizations across our state to change who decides and who benefits. We believe in and work everyday to create a real democracy – where we all have a voice – and real equity – where we each can prosper and thrive. That’s why in Trump’s first 100 days we will fight back his national agenda here at home. This is your invitation to join us. We’ll follow-up with you soon.
Be a part of our resistance as we act on our values, tell our stories, stand up to any injustice or hurt we see, and build a movement of dogged determination and relentless love. Today at 11:00, through our words and deeds, we will begin the necessary work of changing our country and our state for the better. Here’s what you can expect:
- Action. We will share with you opportunities where you can make a meaningful difference. In ways large and small, online and in the streets, we will share with you how you can take action in emails just like this one.
- Creative Politics. Not Consumer Politics. We are done with the passive politics of soundbites and TV ads. It’s up to each of us to reclaim our democracy. We want to know, what do YOU want to do? How will you resist? How can we help? Whether it’s a protest, a book club, coffee with a friend, we want to support you and we want hear from you about how you choose to fight back.
- Real Stories from Real People. Our stories – our experiences – our truths – are the new story of our state and our country. By listening to each other, we find inspiration and fuel to keep going. We will be asking you and people like you to tell their story and, together, we will take on the task of changing the larger narrative to reflect what we know to be true.
- Depth and Dreaming. A lot is going to happen. We will dig in deep and offer different perspectives on what’s happening nationally and here at home through blogs, emails, art, social media and more. But the context we can offer isn’t pundits or partisan, it’s the dreams we have for our future and the change we know we need to make happen.
- Our History. No, there hasn’t ever been a situation quite like this before. But, there are hundreds of years of history we can look to and learn from about how people before us resisted, held onto their beliefs and overcame long odds.
Together, in the days, months and years to come, we can build a stronger movement, change the dominant narrative, and win the kind of concrete and meaningful changes that lift us all up. But we can’t do it alone. Become a part of this resistance. Believe with us. Join us. Today.