TakeAction Minnesota is a statewide people’s network that brings democracy alive in communities across our state. We connect individuals and organizations to each other, creating a powerful force that makes change happen where it wasn’t possible before. Since its founding ten years ago, TakeAction Minnesota has grown its breadth and depth. Our membership touches every legislative district in the state. Our social media presence is robust. Our grassroots leadership is well-trained and shapes and implements the strategy of our various campaigns. As a result, TakeAction Minnesota has a track record of increasingly bold victories that change people’s lives for the better: the defeat of a photo ID constitutional amendment, massive public health care expansions, ban the box legislation, winning back $100 million from HMOs, more than $400 million in corporate tax loopholes now closed, grassroots leaders running for – and winning – elected office.
TakeAction Minnesota is hiring a new program manager for Justice 4 All, our program focused on reforming the mass incarceration system. We are seeking a creative new leader who can envision, design, and implement a bold program to achieve meaningful reforms. The Justice 4 All Program Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a multi-year vision for change in the mass incarceration system, leading the organization in concrete work to fulfill that vision, and playing a major role in the strategic direction and growth of the organization overall. This position is part of a dynamic team of individuals leading major organizational initiatives related to health care, economic justice, climate justice, and electoral change.
Applicants from Greater Minnesota are strongly encouraged to apply.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS — Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design and implement strategic legislative and corporate change campaigns that advance reform of the mass incarceration system;
- Build and manage relationships with state and national organizations, including building issue-specific coalitions and representing organization at coalition tables;
- Provide strategic direction and coordination to communications, organizing and lobbying staff to implement public policy campaigns that use all of these capacities;
- Track developments in criminal justice reform and voting rights fields at the local, state and national level;
- Build effective relationships with elected officials, legislative staff, administrative staff;
- Raise and oversee programmatic funds through developing funder relationships, designing grant proposals, and overseeing programmatic budgets;
- Serve in a leadership position in an organization with policy objectives in multiple arenas and ambitious goals for growth in membership, electoral strength, and statewide reach.
- Move organizational operations forward through effective & timely administrative work
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines:
The Justice 4 All Program Manager should have 3-5 years of experience with issue, policy and/or political campaigns that use grassroots organizing as a central change strategy and should be able to:
- Build and sustain organizational, political, and professional relationships over time
- Lead and motivate people – including individual leaders, organizational leaders and elected officials – to take effective action
- Reflect on and self-identify one’s own abilities that need to grow, develop, or improve
- Manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment that demand personal accountability, follow-through, and ability to meet deadlines
- Communicate passion for and commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice and improving the lives of all Minnesotans
- Write and speak persuasively with diverse audiences
- Work collaboratively and thoughtfully in political environments that are often changing and uncertain
- Advance the full organization while simultaneously advancing campaign & program goals
License and Certification:
A valid Minnesota State Driver’s License is required and access to a reliable vehicle.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment which requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. A job in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage. Flexibility to work outside normal business hours that include evenings and weekends and work extended hours to accomplish mission of organization.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Full health and dental benefits and retirement package.
- This position reports directly to the Strategic Campaigns Director.
- Position requires some travel throughout Minnesota.
HOW TO APPLY
Send electronic cover letter, resume and three references attention Emma Grey, Operations Coordinator care of email@example.com with the subject line JUSTICE 4 ALL PROGRAM MANAGER. The position is open until filled.
NO PHONE CALLS or EMAILS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
TakeAction Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals, and women.