THE ORGANIZATION: TakeAction Minnesota is a statewide people’s network that brings democracy alive in communities across our state. We connect individuals and organizations to each other, creating a powerful force that makes change happen where it wasn’t possible before. Since its founding ten years ago, TakeAction Minnesota has grown its breadth and depth. Our membership has grown 10-fold and touches every legislative district in the state. Our social media presence is robust. Our grassroots leadership is well-trained and shapes and implements the strategy of our various campaigns. As a result, TakeAction Minnesota has a track record of increasingly bold victories that change people’s lives for the better: the defeat of a photo ID constitutional amendment, massive public health care expansions, ban the box legislation, winning back $100million from HMOs, more than $400 million in corporate tax loopholes now closed, grassroots leaders running for – and winning – elected office.
The Grants Coordinator will coordinate foundation work and projects for other areas of development. The Coordinators primary role (approximately 70%) will be to complete all grant reports and proposals. Under general supervision, the Coordinator will also assist in the planning, organizing, and completion of various administrative projects within development. The Grants Coordinator will work directly with and report to the Development Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS — Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate the entirety of our foundation work from maintaining an up-to-date grants calendar through timely submission of all deadlines.
- Project manage content gathering from colleagues for all reports and proposals and required attachments.
- Write reports, proposals, and correspondence.
- Draft and edit other development related writing projects including emails and letters.
- Work with a cross-organizational team on the People’s Celebration.
- Complete and coordinate administrative projects and research assignments as needed and assigned.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned on an as-needed basis.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Successful Candidate Must Have:
- Strong writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Be relentless about deadlines.
- Work well with others.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines:
Bachelor’s degree is preferred and 3 years’ experience of writing and general office administrative functions.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple competing projects and tasks.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent personal accountability and follow through.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong sense of personal initiative.
- Ability to Identify problems and opportunities, and develop solutions.
- A strong commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and progressive political change.
- Desire to enthusiastically promote TakeAction Minnesota’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
License and Certification:
A valid Minnesota State Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle is preferred, but is not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment which requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. A job in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage. Flexibility to work outside normal business hours that include evenings and weekends and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
The annual salary for this position is $38,500 with full medical and dental benefits and retirement package. This position is a member of the Minnesota Newspaper and Communications Guild.
REPORTS TO & LOCATION
This position reports directly to Development Director. Position could be located in our St. Paul or Duluth office.
HOW TO APPLY
Send electronic cover letter, resume and three references care of Emma Grey at Emma@takeactionminnesota.org with the subject line GRANTS COORDINATOR by no later than 11:59pm on April 28th.
Writing skills are a key skill in this position. The cover letter will be treated as a writing sample. Please write up to 3 pages about why you are interested in working for TakeAction Minnesota and why you are the best candidate for this position based on the job description.
TakeAction Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals, and women.