THE ORGANIZATION: TakeAction Minnesota is a statewide people’s network that brings democracy alive in communities across our state. We connect individuals and organizations to each other, creating a powerful force that makes change happen where it wasn’t possible before. Since its founding ten years ago, TakeAction Minnesota has grown its breadth and depth. Our membership has grown 10-fold and touches every legislative district in the state. Our social media presence is robust. Our grassroots leadership is well-trained and shapes and implements the strategy of our various campaigns. As a result, TakeAction Minnesota has a track record of increasingly bold victories that change people’s lives for the better: the defeat of a photo ID constitutional amendment, massive public health care expansions, ban the box legislation, winning back $100 million from HMOs, more than $400 million in corporate tax loopholes now closed, grassroots leaders running for – and winning – elected office.
TakeAction is seeking an Outreach Field Manager to lead one or more teams of outreach specialists in the field. This position will play an important role in building a powerful statewide membership that is grounded in acting with us and funding the work we do together. A successful Outreach Field Manager needs to motivate and inspire confidence in their team, while putting up exceptional individual performance metrics. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal communication and leadership skills, a reasonable degree of technological competence, and strong attention to detail.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS — Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead teams of outreach specialists to and from the field each day.
- Conduct skills trainings and provide in-the-field instruction to trainees and other outreach specialist staff
- Assist in planning and lead the execution of membership recruitment strategies in assigned zones.
- Remain alert and attentive to team morale and enforce standards for behavior and performance.
- Available to work afternoons and evenings, (1pm – 10pm.)
- Embody a standard of excellence in individual fundraising and canvassing performance.
- An excellent team player who will appreciate the experience and share the ambition of our staff and members.
- Computer literacy and experience with MS Office Suite.
- Experience working on field and phone outreach is required.
- Experience with grassroots organizing, union organizing, issue advocacy and/or electoral politics is a plus.
- A strong commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and progressive political change.
- Enthusiastically promote TakeAction Minnesota’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- High level of organization.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis, such as team strategy planning or professional development with the Outreach Director.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
A valid Driver’s License is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This is a canvassing position. The Field Manager will engage in conversations with members of the community daily. This position will require walking and standing outside in a variety of weather conditions, with 1-2 hours of sitting and using a computer each day. This job will involve daily travel to and from our Saint Paul office. On occasion, this position may require sitting with long periods of heavy phone usage and light computer work.
This is a full time, hourly wage position. Wages start at $18/hour with additional performance-based incentives. Full health and dental benefits after 60 days. This position is a member of the Minnesota Newspaper and Communications Guild.
REPORTS TO & LOCATION
This position reports directly to the Outreach Director, and will be located in our St. Paul office.
HOW TO APPLY
Send electronic cover letter and résumé, care of email@example.com with the subject line OUTREACH FIELD MANAGER by no later than 11:59PM on December 31st, 2016
NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
TakeAction Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals, and women.